A Transformative Service Opportunity for Your Community
What is Co-Sponsorship?
Co-sponsor teams work alongside NICE to welcome refugee families by providing important resettlement services, cultural orientation, financial support, and friendship. Co-sponsorship through NICE is a partnership and relationship that can have a profound impact on the lives of both refugee families and community volunteers.
NICE provides each co-sponsor team with in-depth training prior to working with a family and continued support throughout their 9 month service period.
Are you and your community interested in joining the welcoming movement through co-sponsorship of a refugee family?
What Co-Sponsorship Involves
Form a Team
- Form a team of 7 or more people and select a team leader
- Commit to 9 months of service
- Raise and donate financial assistance
- Receive a background check
- Sign a commitment form and receive training from NICE
Core resettlement services your team may provide
- Home set-up
- Pantry stocking
- Serving a welcome meal
- Airport pick-up
Extra Support you may provide
- Helping create a family budget
- Grocery store orientation
- English Language tutoring
- Finding a long term apartment rental
- Public transportation orientation
We are welcoming hundreds of refugees each year to Nashville.
Over the past year, NICE has resettled more than 500 refugees to Nashville. Each month, we are welcoming more of our new neighbors through the US government’s official refugee resettlement program. During this critical time, we’re leaning on the Nashville community to ensure our new neighbors have access to the entire network of services and support they need to become economically self-sufficient and successfully transition into life in the United States.