Volunteer & Event Coordinator
POSTED: November 08, 2013
Nashville International Center for Empowerment, established in 2005, is a nonprofit 501 (c) 3 ethnic community-based organization dedicated to empowering refugees and immigrants in Middle Tennessee through direct social services and educational programs. The Volunteer & Event Coordinator will report to the Director of Education & Outreach. This is a full time, 40 hour position.
- Conducting ongoing volunteer recruitment, including attending university and community service/intern fairs
- Maintaining the volunteer email account
- Responsible for developing and retaining relationships with volunteer and educational partners.
- Responsible for recruiting volunteers and developing educational components.
- Responsible for providing or coordinating training for teachers and volunteers.
- Providing knowledge of job expectations and proper conduct as part of the skills development training for program staff and volunteers.
- Serving the ongoing needs of the volunteers, including substitutes when volunteers are absent.
- Interviewing and placing interns with applicable departments and maintaining any necessary paperwork
- Keeping NICE volunteer recruitment websites up to date and completing any training necessary to maintain internet presence
- Completing pre-event preparations, as well as securing event venues.
- Preparing and managing events’ tasks and related timelines.
- Ensuring appropriate benefits are delivered to event sponsors.
- Creating and tracking event expenses and budgets.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to shape collaborations and partnerships with others
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and execute tasks on timely matters
- Strong written and oral English proficiency
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours on occasion, such as nights and weekends
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- High levels of self-motivation and independence
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Familiarity with computer software, information databases, internet and email
- Commitment to live and work in Nashville, Tennessee
- Reliable transportation
A bachelor’s degree or higher and a MINIMUM OF 3 YEARS experience working in volunteer and/or event management is required.
COMPENSATION: Salary Negotiable, paid vacation and holiday, medical reimbursement
Job Type: Full-time
Contact Information and Procedure:
Send cover letter, résumé and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No calls. Applications without requested information will not be considered.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.