Education and Volunteer Coordinator
POSTED: June 05, 2013
Nashville International Center for Empowerment, established in 2005, is a nonprofit 501 (c) 3 ethnic community-based organization dedicated to empowering refugees and immigrants in Middle Tennessee through direct social services and educational programs. The Education and Volunteer Coordinator (EVC) will report to the Director of Resettlement & Operations and will work closely with education program staff. This is a full time, 40 hour position.
- Providing supervision and leadership to coordinate NICE’s educational team.
- Responsible for developing and retaining relationships with volunteer and educational partners.
- Responsible for recruiting volunteers and developing educational components.
- Responsible for providing or coordinating training for teachers and volunteers.
- Providing knowledge of job expectations and proper conduct as part of the skills development training for program staff and volunteers.
- Providing leadership coordination for overall educational programs (adult, youth, RI, etc.)
- Providing quarter and/or trimester reports to donors, leadership, and governance board.
- Providing transportation as needed for training and orientation.
- Maintaining effective communication with other social service providers outside of NICE, such as schools, Dept. of Human Services, Dept. of Education, etc.
- Ensuring good working relationships and clear communications with refugees and employers, as well as maintaining NICE’s network of stakeholders.
- Providing program individual assessments for clients and follow-up services during eligibility period if necessary, as well as maintaining clients’ files.
- Attending staff, program, and leadership meetings as scheduled.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to shape collaborations and partnerships with others.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and execute tasks on timely matters
- Strong written and oral English proficiency.
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours on occasion, such as nights and weekends.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- High levels of self-motivation and independence.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team.
- Familiarity with computer software, information databases, internet and email.
- Commitment to live and work in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Reliable transportation and ability to drive clients to job appointments.
A bachelor’s degree or higher and a MINIMUM OF 5 YEARS experience working in education and/or volunteer management is required.
COMPENSATION: Salary Negotiable, paid vacation and holiday, medical reimbursement
Send cover letter, résumé and salary requirements to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No calls or emails. Applications without requested information will not be considered. APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.