Research, PR & Events Specialist
Posted: June 19, 2012
Nashville International Center for Empowerment, established in 2005, is a nonprofit 501 (c) 3 ethnic community-based organization dedicated to empowering refugees and immigrants in Middle Tennessee through direct social services and educational programs. The Research, PR & Events Specialist will report to the Development Director and will work closely with other program staff. This is a full time, 40 hour position.
- Completing pre-event preparations, as well as securing event venues.
- Preparing and managing events’ tasks and related timelines.
- Ensuring appropriate benefits are delivered to event sponsors.
- Creating and tracking event expenses and budgets.
- Managing and supervising volunteers as needed for events.
- Acting as events’ primary contact, including seeking assistance from program staff.
- Managing and communicating with team to provide timely and accurate information.
- Training and development for on-site event management and execution.
- Planning, implementing and Promoting NICE events and programs.
- Working with social media to promote NICE’s events, programs and/or services.
- Working with Board, volunteers and committee members to implement events.
- Contacting corporations and individuals about sponsorship opportunities related to the events.
- Developing and maintaining NICE’s marketing materials.
- Planning advertising placements including TV, radio, print, web and outdoor media, for NICE events.
- Updating and maintaining NICE’s webpage, Facebook, Twitter, listserv, etc.
- Researching funding opportunities.
- Gathering organizational, client and statistical information for use in grants.
- Assisting with the preparation and writing of grant proposals.
- Demonstrated time-management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to develop partnership collaborations with others
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and execute tasks on timely matters
- Strong written and oral English proficiency
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours on occasion such as nights and weekends
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- High levels of self-motivation and independence and team development
- Familiarity with computer software, information databases, internet and email
- Commitment to live and work inNashville,Tennessee
- Reliable transportation
A bachelor’s degree in PR or related fields and a MINIMUM OF 3 YEARS experience working in events, fundraising and/or PR is required.
COMPENSATION: Salary Negotiable, paid vacation and holiday, medical reimbursement
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, résumé and salary requirements to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No calls or emails. Applications without requested information will not be considered.
NICE is an equal opportunity employer.