Employment Program Coordinator
POSTED: June 19, 2012
Nashville International Center for Empowerment, established in 2005, is a nonprofit 501 (c) 3 ethnic community-based organization dedicated to empowering refugees and immigrants in Middle Tennessee through direct social services and educational programs. The Employment Program Coordinator will report to the Director of Resettlement & Operations and will work closely with employment program staff. This is a full time, 40 hour position.
- Providing supervision and leadership to coordinate NICE’s employment team.
- Responsible for developing and retaining relationships with employers.
- Responsible for searching for available jobs.
- Filling out applications and preparing clients for interviews.
- Providing knowledge of job expectations and proper conduct as part of the skills development training for refugees.
- Providing transportation as needed for job interviews and orientation.
- Maintaining effective communication with other social service providers outside of NICE, such as health agencies, schools, Dept. of Human Services, etc.
- Ensuring good working relationships and clear communications with refugees and employers, as well as maintaining NICE’s network of stakeholders.
- Providing individual assessments for clients and follow-up services during eligibility period.
- Providing training and orientation to clients, as well as technical assistance to employment program staff and volunteers in conjunction with other staff members at NICE.
- Maintaining clients’ files and providing quarter and/or trimester reports for donors.
- Attending staff, program, and leadership meetings as scheduled.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to shape collaborations and partnerships with others.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and execute tasks on timely matters
- Strong written and oral English proficiency.
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours on occasion, such as nights and weekends.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- High levels of self-motivation and independence.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team.
- Familiarity with computer software, information databases, internet and email.
- Commitment to live and work in Nashville,Tennessee.
- Reliable transportation and ability to drive clients to job appointments.
A bachelor’s degree and a MINIMUM OF 4 YEARS experience working in employment or case management are required.
COMPENSATION: Salary Negotiable, paid vacation and holiday, medical reimbursement
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, résumé, salary requirements to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No calls or emails. Applications without requested information will not be considered. APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED TILL POSITION IS FILLED.
NICE is an equal opportunity employer.