Refugee Employment Program Specialist
Nashville International Center for Empowerment, established in 2005, is a nonprofit 501 (c) 3 ethnic community-based organization dedicated to empowering refugees and immigrants in Middle Tennessee through direct social services and educational programs. The Refugee Employment Program Specialist will report to the Employment Program Coordinator and will work closely with employment program staff. This is a full time, 40 hour position.
- Responsible for searching for available jobs
- Filling out applications and preparing clients for interviews.
- Providing knowledge of job expectations and proper conduct as part of the skills development training for refugees
- Providing transportation as need for job interviews and orientation.
- Provide outreach and build relationships to employers.
- Maintaining effective communication with other social service providers at NICE outside, such as health agencies, schools, Dept. of Human Services, etc.
- Ensure good working relationships and clear communications with refugees and employers, as well as maintain NICE’s network of stakeholders.
- Provide client individual assessment and follow-up services during eligibility period.
- Provide client Case manager services include outreach for secondary members
- Provide training and orientation to clients, as well as technical assistance to volunteers in conjunction with other staff members
- Maintain clients’ files and provide quarter and/or trimester report to donors
- Attend staff and program meetings as schedules.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to build collaborations and partnerships
- Excellent time management and team membership skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong written and oral English proficiency
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours on occasion such as nights and weekends
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- High levels of self-motivation and independence
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Familiarity with computer software, information databases, internet and email
- Commitment to live and work in Nashville, Tennessee
- Reliable transportation and ability to drive clients to appointments and airport pickups
- Willingness to occasionally travel for work and transport clients
- Willing to live in Nashville, Tennessee
A bachelor’s degree and a MINIMUM OF 3 YEARS experience working in refugee-related programs are required.
COMPENSATION: Salary Negotiable, paid vacation and holiday, medical reimbursement
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, résumé, salary requirements to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No calls or emails. Applications without requested information will not be considered. APPLICATIONS WIL BE RECEIVED TILL POSITION IS FILLED.
NICE is an equal opportunity employer.