Refugee R&P Case Manager
Nashville International Center for Empowerment, established in 2005 is a nonprofit 501 (c) 3 ethnic Community base organization dedicated to empowering refugees and immigrants of Middle Tennessee through direct social services and educational programs. The Refugee R&P Case manager will report to the Director of Resettlement and Operations, and will work closely with program staff, including R& P case workers, and Eligibility/CMA, RSS and MG Specialists. This is a full time 40 hour position.
- Direct supervision of R&P case workers
- Effective communication with other social service providers, such as health agencies, schools, Dept. of Human Services, etc.
- Manage day-to-day activities of NICE’s Refugee Reception & Placement / Resettlement Program
- Ensure good working relationships and clear communications are maintained with NICE’s network of stakeholders, federal, state, local government and national and local Volunteer Agency partners
- Oversee delivery of client services and the supporting documentation in the format and frequency required under the terms of our cooperative agreement
- The Refugee R&P Case manager serves as a secondary contact for our national affiliate, which includes on-site visits, desk monitoring and regular conference calls with VOLAG.
- Prepare and submit quarterly reports on a timely basis
- Provide training and orientation to clients, as well as technical assistance to volunteers in conjunction with other staff members
- Disseminate relevant resettlement- related information, policy updates, and operational procedure changes to all R&P staff and volunteers
- Demonstrated management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong written and oral English proficiency,
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours on occasion such as nights and weekends
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- High levels of self-motivation and independence
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Familiarity with computer software, information databases, internet and email
- Commitment to live and work in Nashville, Tennessee
- Reliable transportation and ability to drive clients to appointments and airport pickups
- Willingness to occasionally travel for work
A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years working in refugee resettlement program are required.
COMPENSATION: Salary Negotiable, paid vacation and holiday, medical reimbursement
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, résumé, salary requirements to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No calls or emails. Applications without requested information will not be considered. APPLICATIONS WIL BE RECEIVED TILL POSITION IS FILLED.
NICE is an equal opportunity employer.